"Di engaged with our child and with us. She listened to all of us and suggested strategies and techniques" (Foster Mum of 9 year old girl June 2018)
Dyadicplay is a attachment focused, short-term, structured, playful parenting approach that uses Theraplay® principles and Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy® (DDP). Theraplay® and DDP are both designed to strengthen the relationship between a child and their caregiver.
The goal of Dyadicplay is to enhance attachment, self-esteem, trust and joyful engagement, Using DDP alongside Theraplay® principles enables the therapist and parent to focus on strengthening the four main components of a parent-child relationship:
Using Dyadic Play principles parents can learn:
· How to set limits.
· How to support their children when they are angry and upset.
· How to engage their children in a more loving relationship.
· How to nurture their children In gentle, caring ways.
· How to encourage and challenge their children to build competence and self-esteem.
· How to enjoy their children and the sheer fun of joyful play.
· How to incorporate the Dyadicplay experience into their everyday lives